Portrait & Studio Photography - Dec 11, 2019 - Kevin Sees & Ed Crim - Open Digital
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Kevin Sees and Ed Crim will present on Studio and Portrait Photography and will judge the Open Digital competition to follow.
SLCC Distinctions –
Joined the club in 1997 and earned Rookie of the Year award. I owe a great debt to the camera club members who were willing to mentor me over the years. It was a rich pool of accomplished photographers. I appreciate what the camera club given me over the years.
My personal camera club accomplishments -
- Won a 1stplace the very first time I entered club competition.
- Won my 100 point award at the end of my 2ndyear and now have my 250 point award.
- Won Monochrome Print of the Year once. (with a darkroom print)
- Photo Journalism Slide of the Year twice. (Color slides)
- I am Salon status in all SLCC competition sections.
- In the 2014-15 club season earned Club PJ High Point Award and three PSA ribbons (one 3rdplace, two Honorable Mentions) with images from the Ferguson protests.
- Partnered with Gary True to design and host the SLCC’s first web site. The site was later taken over by Wade Clutton and expanded greatly.
- Gave the very first digital (non-color slide) presentation ever at the SLCC. (Powerpoint)
- Club positions held - two terms on the Board of Directors, Chairman for the Print Section, New Member Chairman twice, presented many educational programs, led numerous photo field trips and organized multiple camera club spring/fall club trips.
Currently employed for Olin Corporation, in Clayton, as an IT Operational Best Practice Engineer. Except for a couple days a month, I get to work from my home in the largest and least populated county in the State of Missouri and right in the middle of the Ozarks. Texas County. My lake drains into the South Prong of the Jacks Fork River.
Since 2009, I have been working as a professional photographer under the studio name of Sees the Moment Photography specializing in sports, portraits, senior pictures, weddings and events. Recently studying studio portrait photography at Studio 858.
At this time, I am a free-lance photographer for Ozarks Sports Network, KY3 in Springfield, MO, shooting high school sports in the south central Missouri Ozarks. Also a contributing photographer to four area newspapers with images of both sports and community events. Volunteer photographer for the Lions Club and their sponsored events including the Mighty Mites Football league for 3rd-8thgrade players.
In our spare time, my wife Lesa and I love kayaking and photographing the MO Ozarks near our log home north of Willow Springs, MO. Searching for and locating the wild flowers and other interesting photographic opportunities can be a full time job in the Ozarks.
I also believe in using photography when giving back to the community. For many years, I have volunteered my services to many organizations in St. Louis and the Missouri Ozarks.
Long time photographer Edward Crim is a true southern boy, having been born in South Korea to missionary parents from the Shenandoah valley of Virginia. He was raised alternately in Daejon, Richmond, and Seoul, with a brief stint in Austin, Texas, and moved with his sweet natured and industrious wife Barbara, to Saint Louis in 1982.
Since that time, Edward has managed a photo lab, sold photographic equipment, freelanced for weddings, portraits and events, and taught photography classes to hundreds of aspiring photographers. Edward currently is the Vice President of Artists Media Co-op which operates studio 858 newly located on the Rock Road in St. Ann. Their current offerings are photography classes, studio rentals, portraits and event photography. Edward also leads the Saint Louis Photography Club, which offers excursions, photo critiques and classes to its members and their guests.