Note: This text has been copied from the old website and has not been thoroughly tested. Some information may not be entirely correct now that we have a new method to upload images.
What are Photographic Society of America (PSA) Interclub Competitions
From the PSA website:
PSA offers a unique opportunity for member clubs from all over the world to enter Interclub Competitions each year. Both the club and individual members of the club can receive recognition for their photography.
The St Louis Camera Club is a member of PSA, therefore all St Louis Camera Club members are eligible to submit entries in Interclub competitions. An Individual membership in PSA is NOT required.
PSA has six Divisions. Each has their own Interclub competition except Projected Image, which has two. The St Louis Camera Club participates in the following six Division Interclub Competitions:
- Projected Image(PID)-Open
- Projected Image(PID)-Creative
- Photo Travel
- Pictoral Print
More detailed information on each of the Divisions is available on the Division Section of the PSA website.
link - PSA website
St Louis Camera Club Process for PSA Interclub Competitions
Interclub competitions are held at various times throughout the year. Sidebar shows the schedule for the current club year. Digital competitions must have images submitted by 11:59 PM of the date listed on the Schedule, which is a Friday. Voting starts on Saturday morning at midnight and generally lasts through 11:59 PM the following Tuesday night.
Print Competitions are held before the regular meeeting. See below for more details.
Digital Image Entry
Images are entered the same way as other Camera Club competitons. Go to the Digital Entry page and follow the normal procedures for uploading an image. Look for competitions starting with "INTERCLUB".
Each Interclub entrant gets to vote.
Interclub Print Selection Competitions are generally held before a regular meeting. This section describes the rules, submission, and voting procedures.
PSA Pictorial Print Division Interclub Competitions: Rules for Entering
- There are five (5) print categories: Large Monochrome prints (LM), Large Color prints (LC), Small Monochrome prints (SM), Small Color prints (SC), and Creative Altered Reality (CAR) prints. CAR can be a mix of large and small prints. It is possible for a club to enter a total of 20 prints in each Round if they competed in all five (5) categories.
- Each of the four (4) prints entered must be by four (4) photographers for each category. If a club is not able to submit four prints it can submit a partial entry (example: two prints by only two different photographers).
- Prints are to be un-mounted. All prints must be entirely the work of the photographer.
- Monochrome prints may be toned. Monochrome prints may be enhanced by the addition of a single color. Prints with two or more colors must be entered as a color print.
- Small prints can be no larger than 8.5 X 12 inches including the mounting, if mounted.
- Large prints can be no larger than 16 X 20 inches including the mounting, if mounted.
- Creative Altered Reality prints (CAR) can be any mix of LM, LC, SM, or SC as long as the 4 prints are by 4 different makers. All prints will be judged together. An entry is not limited to images created and/or modified digitally.
- Prints, which have been judged in a previous competition during the year, cannot be entered in another competition during the same year.
- Prints, which have been given awards in previous years, cannot be entered in the same category.
- Prints receiving Awards: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, & HM’s will be eligible for the End of Year competition in June. The Director will call up eligible prints after the last competition in April from the master award list.
PSA Pictorial Print Division: SLCC Interclub Submission/Voting Procedures
- SLCC Members will bring print up to five images (one for each of the five print categories) by 6:00 p.m. on the Competition Dates above.
- Images should be marked on the back of the print with the maker’s name and print title in the upper left corner. All classes (B, A, and Salon) will be judged together.
- Any photographer that submits a print—and is present for the voting—will be given a paper ballot for all five categories.
- Prints will be displayed on tables around the room(s) using the lighting of the room for viewing. The Club’s Light Box will not be utilized. Minimum viewing distances will not be enforced.
- Voting will begin at 6:15 p.m. with completed ballots due by 7:00 p.m.
- Vote scoring will mimic online voting. Photographers will identify their print, which automatically gives them four (4) points. They will then select their top four images. Their favorite image will receive four (4) points, their next favorite will get three (3), and so on.
- Votes will be tallied and results announced as soon as possible after the SLCC program that evening.
- Photographers should collect their prints if not selected in the competition.
- Dick Roman will submit selected prints to the PSA Interclub Competition.
- Photographers of selected prints should submit electronic versions of their image to Dick Roman (PSA Interclub Chairman) at their earliest convenience. Images will be displayed on the Club’s website and the results of the Interclub Competition will be posted when known.
- Photographers do not need to be present to submit their image (e.g. they can give their print to another member to submit on their behalf or they may submit prints at a meeting prior the Competition Date); however, ballots will only be distributed to participating photographers present during the voting period.
- If only four (or fewer) prints are received for any category, there will be no voting and those images will automatically be selected for submission to the Interclub Competition.
- Prints will be returned by the PSA judging club, but not for a number of weeks.
St Louis Camera Club Interclub Results
At the end of the voting period the winning images are shown on the Club website.